STAC 2018 at a Glance
STAC will host its 3rd annual conference on April 17-18, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Calgary in Alberta.
From its location in the Stampede City, the STAC 2018 Conference & Exhibition will feature two full days of discussion and presentations by industry leading thinkers on the most important issues in the Canadian tower industry, as well as insight into the oil and gas industry’s diligent approach to addressing safety hazards.
The annual STAC conference is the premier event dedicated to Canadian tower safety, and is devoted to sharing the important information and best practices that will help maintain Canada’s world-leading tower safety record. STAC 2018 will bring together approximately 300 communications and tower industry professionals, including wireless carriers, broadcasters, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, land owners, safety equipment suppliers and safety trainers, among others. Attendees will learn about new industry practices and technologies, and will receive exclusive information about the development of STAC best practices and other industry resources that are normally only available to STAC Members.
Benefits for STAC 2018 delegates:
- Learn about new developments and industry-leading practices in RF safety, fall protection, tower engineering and other industry topics;
- Network with more than 300 industry personnel – including potential clients, contractors or suppliers – throughout the conference and at the renowned annual STAC conference reception;
- Gain access to STAC resources such as best practice documents and industry safety guidelines;
- Join the STAC conference outing to local Calgary-area breweries;
- Demonstrate your commitment to ensuring the continued safety of tower industry personnel;
- Enter the STAC 2018 raffle for a chance to win a new phone or other amazing prizes.
Information for Delegates
The STAC 2018 Conference & Exhibition will bring together executives and personnel in Canada’s tower and antenna industry for two days of lively and entertaining networking and discussion. Conference seminars and panels will focus on issues relating to tower engineering and tower safety, working-at-heights and fall protection requirements, and the future of the communication tower industry, among others.
- Proposed new fall protection regulations;
- STAC Climber Training Guidelines;
- COR certification;
- Fall protection design and inspection requirements;
- 5G implications;
- 600 MHz transition.
This list will be updated as appropriate. For the most updated list of planned events and seminars, please view the STAC 2018 Schedule page.
STAC 2018 will take place at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Calgary, AB from April 17-18, 2018. Located in the heart of downtown Calgary and just steps away from historic Olympic Plaza, the Hyatt Regency will provide an ideal setting for STAC 2018 delegates and exhibitors while ensuring they can also enjoy the best of everything Calgary has to offer.
STAC Member discount:
Become a new STAC Member before March 1, 2018 and receive a free pass to STAC 2018 plus discounted rates for additional passes! For more information about STAC membership, please click here or contact us at email@example.com
Travel and Accommodations:
Travelling from out of town? STAC has arranged for a special group rate for STAC 2018 delegates staying at the Hyatt Regency Calgary, with rates starting at $199 per night for those who book by March 15, 2018. Click here to reserve your space today.
STAC’s Steering Committee is coordinating a local brewery tour and tasting outing for interested STAC 2018 delegates. Stay tuned for more details – including the outing date and a full list of the Calgary-area breweries we’ll be visiting – or send us a request to be included on the STAC 2018 Outing mailing list.
Information for Sponsors & Exhibitors
Does your company work in the antenna and tower, or fall protection industry? STAC 2018 is the premier venue to demo your products or services to a wide variety of potential clients. From wireless carriers, broadcasters and other network operators to tower engineers and tower-riggers, STAC 2018 delegates represent companies involved in every aspect of the tower industry. Don’t miss your chance to reach them all over two days of demo and sponsorship opportunities.
Benefits for exhibitors and sponsors:
- Reach approximately 300 delegates from companies involved in all aspects of the tower industry;
- Generate high quality leads from concentrated exposure to a targeted audience;
- Demonstrate your commitment to the continued safety of tower industry personnel;
- Meeting space available for vendors to meet with potential clients;
- Guaranteed exposure: delegates required to walk through exhibitor hall during breaks and meals;
- “Exhibitor Passports” provide prize opportunities to delegates who visit exhibitors;
- Keynote speaking opportunities available to Keynote Sponsors;
- Receive attendee contact information (limitations apply).
The tentative Exhibitor and Trade Show schedule is as follows:
April 16, 2018
3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
April 18, 2018
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Exhibition floor officially opens on April 17, 2018 at 10:00 am
Exhibitors are encouraged to be at their booths during lunch, breaks and the welcome reception as stipulated below:
April 17, 2018
- 10:00-11:00 am – Official Opening with food and beverage served on exhibition floor
- 12:05-1:30 pm – Lunch
- 3:05-3:25 pm – Break with food and beverage served on exhibition floor
- 5:00-7:00 pm – Welcome reception on exhibition floor
April 18, 2018
- 8:00-8:55 am – Continental breakfast served on exhibition floor
- 10:00-10:30 am – Break with food and beverage served on exhibition floor
- 12:05-1:30 pm – Lunch
- 3:05-3:30 pm – Break with food and beverage served on exhibition floor
- 5:00 pm – Take down can start
For more information about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, please download the STAC 2018 Sponsor and Exhibitor Guide.